Wednesday, November 26, 2008

30 Years Ago This Month!!!

Nov 17th-23rd "Focus Magazine - Leisure and T.V. Guide" from the November 17th, 1978 edition of the Nanaimo Daily Free Press newspaper, Nanaimo, B.C. Canada.

It's hard to believe that I almost let this one pass without commemorating it here! Yep, as a child of the late 1970s gaga for all things fantastical and star-related this had a big impact on my ten year old psyche. So I just had to mention the 30th anniversary of the airing of one of the most monumental television events in the history of the cathode ray tube...

That great season two episode of "The Love Boat" where Larry Storch guest starred!!!




Read about The Star Wars Holiday Special


Learn all about The Star Wars Holiday Special!


Dare I say... even WATCH the Star Wars Holiday Special?!!!


Originally uploaded by totally70s.





Oh, yeah... Larry Storch

2 comments:

Todd Franklin said...

Ah, yes I was glued in front of the TV for this event. Glad you remembered to celebrate as I forgot. I'll need to break out my old bootleg videotape.

Man, it's been a long time since I've seen it and I can't remember how Larry Storch gets out of that jam with Charro and Gopher.

Glen Mullaly said...

I only remembered when I ran across that tv listing!
I assume my 10 year old self enjoyed it more than I my 30 year old self did when I too watched my bootlegged VHS copy for the first time. I've never been able to watch the whole thing without fast forwarding through large parts of it. And I LOVE 70s Star Wars stuff!