Monday, December 22, 2008

The Greatest Holiday Movie EVER!

Yes, this is far and away the LEAST likeliest contender, in my candy-cane scented, snow-covered book, for the Greatest Holiday Movie Ever!
I'm sure many of you have already seen this fantastic, faded, 1964 favourite, as it's been knocking around the internet for a couple of years now and has probably been blogged to death already. But since I only discovered it last week for myself I figure there may be some of you too who have yet to experience the scrumptious soufflé of delight and discomfort that is "Santa's Enchanted Village". And if I can touch but one tiny heart this season who has yet to sample the amazingnessmous that is S.E.V., it'll all be worth it.

I was familiar with the concept of this chain of 1950s and 60s Christmas-themed amusement parks from an old copy of a Dennis the Menace comic book (illustrated by one of my art heroes Al Wiseman) wherein the Menace family visits said tourist spot....

But nothing could have prepared me for the worst written, worst photographed, worst acted, worst edited, and worst directed short film I have ever seen. So watch both six minute parts below and be sure to stick with it, it only gets more horrible with each torturous moment!

Think of it as my holiday gift to you all!
You're welcome.

Part 1.....



Part 2.....

5 comments:

Todd Franklin said...

This might be my favorite new holiday movie!

Vlad said...

Vlad has seen many, many grotesque, bizarre and truly horrific sights....sights that have made mortal men scratch out their own eyes .....sights that have driven many a mortal man mad! But this....THIS is TRULY bizarre! (In other words, Vlad likes it!)

Glen Mullaly said...

Glad to hear it touched the hearts (or in Vlad's case, what passes for a heart) of two icons of the unusual such as yourselves.

My job is complete.

K0dama said...

Nothing says Happy Holidays like forced labor, headless dolls, guns and a skunk.

Susie said...

Oh Man,
My little sister was obsessed with Santa when she was young. OBSESSED! I never believed in him but I had to play along. All she wanted to do for her 6th birthday (1989) was go to Santa's Village. This was right before our park here closed and it was so run down and scary. I still have nightmares from that place. The good witch's bakery *shudder*.